Click one of the links below to take you to our new home!

Monday, October 09, 2006

Introducing: Cara Putman

I am an attorney who resides in Lafayette, Indiana, with my husband and two children. I’ve lived all over the country and worked at a NBC affiliate in Nebraska, political campaigns, non-profit programs and fundraising, and clerking for a federal judge. I graduated with honors from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and George Mason University School of Law. Currently, I lead women’s ministries at my church, serve on the local Big Brothers Big Sisters board, and am President of the Indiana ACFW chapter. My first book, Canteen Dreams, will release in October 2007 by Heartsong Presents.

My writing journey began in April 2005 when God told me to blow the dust off my dream and start working. So I have. Since then I’ve written two complete manuscripts, started two more, launched a blog (carasmusings.blogspot.com) and been a guest blogger at several sites. And I sold my first book at the 2006 ACFW conference.

I joined this group because it gives me one more opportunity to share my heart and encourage other moms. It also gives me a place to vent occasionally. Never a bad thing! I don’t know that there’s necessarily much I hope to get out of being a member. I enjoy writing and it doesn’t hurt to have a forum where someone might read what I write!

2 comments:

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Welcome, Cara. I'll never forget your enthusiastic squeal when you were awarded your first book contract! Brought tears to my eyes I was so happy for you.

Unknown said...

Cara!!