Click one of the links below to take you to our new home!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Introducing Kevin Lucia

My name is Kevin Lucia, I hail from Castle Creek, NY. I'm a 32-year old husband, father of one, soon to be father of two! I teach middle school English at St. John the Evangelist School in Binghamton, NY. I'm a graduate student at Binghamton University, seeking an MAT in teaching and MA in English, and I write book reviews for The Baptist Voice, The Country Courier,
www.infuzemag.com and www.titletrakk.com. My book reviews are posted at: www.kevinlucia.net/bookreviews. I'm a member of the ACFW, and I do - likeevery other holder of an English BA - have a work in progress. The site chronicling the progress of that work is at: www.kevinlucia.net.

One thing I would like to do - as time permits - is start networking with other writers, ESPECIALLY those who understand the juggling that comes with trying to raise a family, work a job that pays the bills, be involved with your children, keep your marriage healthy - and STILL try to write something worth reading (I'm typing this email, as my daughter is tugging on my leg to read her a book!). I think we encounter obstacles that are unique to our place in life, especially when I think of my care-free college days, or pre-child days, when I could blow off a whole day reading and writing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin! Good to see you. We're really going to have to work on working together, y'think?

I'm glad you joined us.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Glad to be here.

Wow. I had no idea that pic was really that large! I do most of the stuff on my blog in HTML, so I always size it down. That's one big picture!

Gina Conroy said...

I made the pic smaller! Better now?

Anonymous said...

oh...I wasn't complaining about the size here...I just didn't want anyone to think I sent such a big pic on purpose, as symbolic of my own ego...

I mean...my head isn't that big...normally...:)

Anonymous said...

Kevin, I know the feeling. I teach English as a Second Language at Suffolk CC here on Long Island, but my dream is to write the book I feel inside me. I have written articles which have been published, but the first one for which I'll be PAID will come out in "Faith and Family" this spring. I write every day to connect to writers like you, to keep my skills honed, and to find the right subjects to write about. But family comes first. I homeschool three girls,and that's keeping me quite busy besides my ESL classes.
I keep telling myself, that once my career gets rolling,things will slow down. Am I kidding myself? Probably!