Click one of the links below to take you to our new home!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Debby Alten

Debby Alten is a single mom of two teenagers. Her daughter, Sarah, is starting the fall at Biola University and she homeschools her son, Layne-Michael.

Debby was born in New Guinea but she and her parents left when rumors of war surfaced. They lived in the Netherlands for six years then migrated to Australia. Foolishly, she tried to run away from home at age 17 when her parents informed her they were moving once again. This time to the United States where she suddenly found herself living the life of a PK.

Besides self-publishing her family cookbook, she's been published in her local newspaper, has a devotional in The Upper Room magazine coming out in May of 2007 and completed her first novel--a Christian Fantasy based on Genesis 6:4.

The word "mom" and "interupted" seem to go together. It took me seven years to complete my novel simply because life kept interrupting. But I don't regret any of it. I feel like I can learn from the people in this group, get encouragement to stay the course, and hopefully I have something to offer as well.

Visit Debby at her blog

No comments: